Yet again, the ugly head of my f**ked up <bank name deleted for my protection> current account has risen again.
So much so, I have now created it’s own little category.
It seems such a simple enquiry/action being taken on the account is such an arduous task for them.
In short, my my benefit and to warn others, this is the catalogue of problems I’ve faced with them sory far.
- First off, my bank account which had been in the overdraft for a number of months decided it would be assessed early (Due date was June 2009 and it actually happened March/April). As a result of this, the over draft went from £1250 down to £320 and so without consulting me. In fact the only way I found out was when I tried to use my debit card at a petrol station.
- Having spoken to Head Office (as my account was now passed to them), they set up a reducing overdraft, which I was told, at the time would come out on the 26th of every month. With that in mind, I thought great all sorted. 26th came no reduction. As this fell on a Sunday I thought ‘This must mean it will come out the following business day’, right?
Wrong, 27th came, 28th came and 29th, nothing reduced. So I rang them again;
“Sorry Mr Jones, you have been mis-advised and the reduction will take place as of the end of the month or 31st, whichever is applicable at the time.
So I go away thinking, fine, sorted.
Guess again, in short the reduction took place, middle of the month.
- Then when I think everything is back on track, my card is swallowed by the “hole-in-the-wall’ due to a system fault, not at the fault of my card etc.
Phoned up to advise <bank name deleted for my protection>, the cancelled my card, never informing me that any pending transactions would be passed to the Fraud team to release.
As I was ‘cardless’ I asked for a replacement. “No Mr Jones, because you are now in arrears, you cannot have one”
After an argument with the agent and a lengthy conversation with head office I finally got a new card.
- Got my new card, tried to use it and “incorrect PIN”
- <bank name deleted for my protection> had yet again, failed to give out the information I did need, like a new pin number being issued (also I had never EVER been given a new pin when I got a new card before, so why now?)
Finally got my new pin, and everything went well, until today.
- As of yesterday (3rd of August) I asked for the date to be changed that they reduce my overdraft, as the middle of the month makes it difficult to track things. Agent explained, yes this could be done, but overdraft will reduce down to £320, but then the following day the overdraft would go back to £1017 once agreement has been set back up. As I had a pending direct debit I said, leave it for now and I will do it once the direct debit has cleared, because I don’t want to run the risk of it not being honoured. So we ended the call in mutual agreement to leave for me to phone up on Friday and adjust date of reducing overdraft.
- Today, I check my account and its back to £320, and I have been charged £28 for being over my arranged limit.
Why the hell do they have something in place, the cock it up!?!
I’ll tell you why, because with everyone trying to get their money back from unfair bank charges, they’re trying to claw it back using any method they can hope to try.
Right now I am getting bored to tears with having to keep ringing them, from a mobile as I am at work, and getting bullshit.
Its causing unnecessary frustration and ultimately causing more depression!
If I don’t get this resolved I will be taking it to the ombudsman because I’m about at the end of my tether with it, and life at the moment doesn’t need crap like this going on.
So, for now, I’m about to drink as many cans of lager I can to make me drowsy, because I can’t sleep at the moment with this going on, and what makes matters even worse, I have work tomorrow, so I have to juggle the times I can speak to these people!